It’s Saturday morning. We normally like a lazy morning with pancakes at my place. Unfortunately, I have just been diagnosed with gestatational diabetes, which means regular GF pancakes are a definite no no for me!
What to do? Well, I won’t let this low carb thing make me miss out on the fun! So here’s a super easy recipe for berry pancakes for one.
Cooking time: about 10 minutes
gluten free, dairy free, nut free, soy free, refined sugar free.
1 tbsp coconut flour
2 tablespoons non dairy milk (whatever you like to use, doesn’t really matter)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 teaspoon of bicarb soda
if you like your pancake sweet, add a little stevia. If you don’t (like me) leave it out.
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 a teaspoon – teaspoon of stevia (adjust to your own taste)
- Beat the egg, milk, and vanilla together with a fork. Add coconut flour. Stir well, getting rid of any lumps.
- Heat a small frying pan on medium heat. Add a small amount of oil (about a teaspoon) to the pan.
- Pour in pancake mixture. Cook for about 2 minutes (until sealed and brown on pan side) then flip, and cook for a couple more minutes. Remove from the pan.
- Add raspberries, vanilla and stevia to the pan. Cook for about 30 sec to 1 minute, until the raspberries get syrupy.
- Serve with chopped strawberries on top of pancake, with raspberry sauce poured on top.